#GIVINGTUESDAY - Support NTHS & Your Community
#GivingTuesday is an international day of giving, celebrated the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.). On #GivingTuesday, individuals all over the world dedicate their time and energy supporting others both near and far.
We suggest you use this opportunity to celebrate a CTE Teacher – Give a shoutout to an awesome CTE Teacher on social media. Download the Canva graphic to use on social media pages. Don't forget to use the hashtags #givingtuesday and #NTHSthankful
Service Idea: Host a Canned Food Drive
As we near Thanksgiving, an NTHS Canned Food Drive could be a great service activity that will allow your fellow members to give back to their community! Be sure to get approval from your NTHS Advisor before you start this service activity.
- Pick where you want to donate the food: It could be a local shelter, church or food bank.
- Set a timeframe for the Food Drive. You can have it be during one specific day or let it run for a whole week!
- Make a list of acceptable items. In general, canned, non-perishable items are best. Some examples are: Soup, Pasta, Rice, Vegetables and Fruit.
- Gather some boxes and get started!
- Upload photos of your Food Drive to our Chapter Highlights Form and we'll share on our social media pages!